Aims of the network
It’s main aim is to promote sign language teaching on a European scale and also the maintenance of high teaching and ethical standards within teaching/learning and assessment.
- Including the maintenance and development of the www.enslt.eu website
- Support the continuation and organisation of the LESICO conference series
- Form a central and neutral resource for information on Sign Language learning, teaching and assessment
- Support the exchange of knowledge, information and experience of professional Sign Language teaching, learning and assessment
Long-term aims of ENSLT
- To promote sign language teaching on a European scale and the continues maintenance of high teaching standards.
- Guarding ethical standards of teaching/learning/assessment.
- To promote knowledge/exchange of information/experience of professional Sign Language teaching, learning and assessment.
- Provide advice, training and support for Sign Language Teachers/Instructors (SLT).
- To represent the interests of SLT as a profession to appropriate bodies and involved groups within sign language learning, teaching and assessment.
- Support continuation of LESICO-conferences.
- To ensure that deaf people working as sign language teachers receive support for the advancement of their cultural, linguistic and professional development.
- To encourage and promote deliberation and mutual exchange of information regarding the processes involved in Sign Language Teaching, Learning and Assessment in European countries.
- To encourage and promote the scientific, pedagogical /andragogical initiatives that promote the professionalisation of Sign Language teaching, learning and assessment.
- To set up an SLT register.
- European Union of the Deaf (EUD)
- European Forum of Sign language Interpreters (EFSLI)
- EU projects related to Sign Language learning, teaching and assessment ( e.g: Signteach, PRO-Sign2)
To Publish an online video/newsletter and provide a vlog environment.